How do I set up lead management using Yardi?
Lead management prerequisites
Important: Verify you have administrative privileges before setting up lead management.
- Navigate to RentCafe and select Login, and then Manager Login.
- Enter your credentials and log in to your account.
The Site Manager page appears.
- Select the property dropdown in the top navigation, search for the property where you want to set up lead management and select it.
- Navigate to and select the Marketing dropdown under the Property Configuration dashboard and then select the ILS Syndication Settings tab.
The ILS Syndication Settings page appears.
- Navigate to and verify that the Apartments.com ILS entry is enabled and its status is Setup Complete.
Note: For more information on integrating with Apartments.com using Yardi, refer to our How do I connect my listing to Apartments.com using Yardi? article.
- Repeat this process for every property where you want to set up lead management.
Setting up lead management using Yardi
Important: Lead Attribution and DNI setup is required prior to generating contact information and your unit availability URL. For more information, refer to our How do I set up Yardi Lead OLL (Apply Now)? article.
Setting up lead management using Yardi is composed of two major steps:
Generating lead destination contact information
Important: Apartments.com is unable to syndicate lead destination emails, phone numbers, or property website URLs if you are using Yardi Rent Cafe feed for ILS syndication.
- Navigate to and select the Marketing dropdown under the Property Configuration dashboard and then select the Call Automation tab.
The Call Automation page appears.
- Select the Assign Numbers button.
The Call Automation: Assign page appears.
- Check and enable Toll-Free Number under Use For, select Apartments.com from the dropdown under Voyager Source, then select Create Email Address.
A Generate Email pop-up appears.
- Enter the email address prefix of the email you want your leads to contact regarding property inquiries.
- Select RENTCafe CRM from the Email Type dropdown.
- Select Save Changes.
The Generate Email pop-up closes.
- Select Save at the bottom of the Call Automation: Assign page.
You return to the Call Automation page, and your property phone number and email for Apartments.com are generated.
Note: Do not use a generated phone number if you are not using RentCafe to track phone calls.
- Repeat this process for every property you want to generate lead contact information for.
Locating your Unit Availability URL
- Select the following link: https://sitemanager.rentcafe.com/sitemanager/ilslog.aspx.
The ILS Feed Log page appears.
- Enter the name of the property you need the unit availability URL for, select Apartments.com from the dropdown, and keep the date ranges as is.
- Select the Display button.
- Select Success under any property result you want the URL from.
The ILS Feed Log appears.
- Locate and copy the <UnitAvailabilityURL> tag.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, attach your Unit Availability URL, and let our team know you are ready to enable unit availability on Apartments.com.
After receiving your request, your unit availability takes 24 to 48 hours to appear on Apartments.com.
Important: Contact Yardi support if you require additional assistance with your Unit Availability URL.