If I'm filing taxes jointly, how do we know which individual to choose?

If you are filing taxes jointly with your partner or spouse, you can pick which individual to input as the designated tax entity for Apartments.com.

The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 dictates any third-party settlement organization submit a 1099-K report for any transactions exceeding $600. This report provides you with the earnings, but you can file or claim the income the way that is most accurate for your situation. We recommend reaching out to an accountant or tax specialist if you are not certain how to utilize the 1099-K report in your tax filings.

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.