How to add and edit photos, floor plans, and videos
(For multi-family customers)
The media section contains the main photo gallery and individual photo albums. If the property has different photos on Apartments.com and ApartmentFinder.com, each of these sites will have its own set of albums.
Note: There is no “save” or “undo” button in this section. Any changes will automatically save, and the updates should reflect on the website within a couple of hours or so. If you mistakenly delete a photo from the image library, you will have to upload it again. For select advertising packages, the media section also contains the video embed codes for Apartments.com-branded videos.
The image library holds all photos and floor plan images. It serves as a bank where such images are deposited.
- The image library opens by default when you open the media tab. The total number of photos displayed can include those shot by our field research staff, as well as any images that have been manually uploaded.
- New photos/floor plans can be added to the image library by clicking onto the blue “upload” links.
- Uploading the photos/floor plans to the main library does not automatically place them on the property's ad. Photos/floor plans need to be moved into an album in order to be displayed online.
- The image library is the only place where you will receive the “Are you sure?” question box to confirm the deletion of any image(s).
Highlighted below are the main areas where you will interact within the media section:
Beneath the photo count in the image library is an oval to click, "images not in albums." This is where you can find stored images/floor plans that are not in an album and, thus, do not appear on the listing. These orphaned images could be the result of newly uploaded images to the image library folder, or they may be images that were previously removed from an album.
An image can be enlarged by clicking directly onto each individual image square. If you would like to permanently delete an image that you have manually uploaded, it must be deleted from the image library by clicking on the "X" icon. If you don't want to display an image on your ad, but you still want to keep the image available for later use, then you can simply click onto the appropriate album and click the "X" icon to remove the image from the listing.
Clicking on the pencil icon on the image opens up the photo editor where you can crop, rotate, or zoom in/out.
Images and floor plans that are automatically imported to your listing via an electronic feed will have a "feed" label at the bottom left of the image.
Feed images are not able to be dragged and dropped from the image library into other albums.
If you would like to exclude certain feed images from appearing on the listing, please work with your feed provider to exclude them from the import for your listing.
If copyrighted images are identified on your listing, they will be removed. Additionally, feed photo settings will be disabled, meaning that your feed photos will no longer be updated until the copyrighted images are removed from the feed import. After we confirm that the copyrighted images are no longer present in the feed, we can re-enable the photo feed updates.
The image albums contain the photos and floor plan images that appear on the property's ad. All the albums created for a property sit to the right of the image library. You can click through the album carousel or open the full list of albums by clicking on the "view all albums" button near the top right.
From here, you can review the existing albums.
Create New Album (Model/Unit)
New albums can only be created for existing models and units. To add an album, click on the "add an album" button on the top right.
You have the ability to add multiple albums at a time. Scroll through the list and check any models/units for which you'd like to create an album. After you have made your selection, click "add selected" and they will appear on the album carousel. You can then start adding images to the newly created album(s).
The community album contains the main image displayed on the listing in the search results and on the profile page. The album also shows the photos in the order they appear on the ad, from left to right, row by row. All listings have, by default, a community album that is pre-populated with at least one image (required).
To change the main image, simply drag and drop the desired photo into the top left spot of the community album. This image is also labeled "main image" in the upper left corner.
Other images can be sorted by simply clicking individually onto each image and 'drag and drop' them into their desired sequence order. The order will display by row, from left to right.
In the media section, you can perform the following actions:
- Upload images into the image library.
- Move images from the image library into an album.
- Delete manually uploaded images from the image library in order to permanently remove them from the library, image albums, and the listing.
- View a larger version of the images.
- Edit to crop, zoom in/out, or rotate images.
- Choose a main photo in the community album.
- Sort images in any album by using the drag and drop method.
- Remove images from albums.
- Create a new model/unit album.
- View the total number of images in the property's image library or album(s).
- View feed photos.
- View 3D tours (if applicable)
- Upload and view videos (if applicable)
Video Embed Codes
The video embed codes are displayed within the videos tab. These codes apply to the branded Apartments.com videos only. Use the codes to add the video to your own community's website. You can view each code script by clicking onto the corresponding button:
- Video Inline – Will play the Apartments.com property video inline on an existing HTML page.
- Video Overlay – Will play the Apartments.com property video in an existing modal HTML page.
- Video Modal – Will open a modal to play the Apartments.com property video from an existing page.
Note: The video embed codes are only related to Apartments.com videos. The codes do not apply to any ApartmentFinder videos.