What's Two-factor authentication?
Securing your account is a top priority at Apartments.com! Every Apartments.com account has a two-factor authentication that gives your account two layers of protection. That means if someone gets your password without your permission, your account will still be safe.
To access certain areas of your account, you'll need to enter a one-time code that we'll send to your phone or email address.
Where do I enter the code?
When you're asked for a verification code, stay on that page!
- You'll automatically receive your code by email or phone in a few minutes.
- Check your email in a separate browser tab or window. The email is from firstname.lastname@example.org and says "Your one-time access code."
- If you receive your code by phone, you'll get a text with the code.
- Enter the code in the box and click Verify to access your Apartments.com account.
Where is my code?
If you're sending a code to email:
- 2-step verification codes are sent to the email you use to log into Apartments.com. Make sure you have access to that email account.
- Is the email in your Spam or Junk folder? Check those folders: if the email is there you can move it to your Inbox so you will receive future emails from Apartments.com. It’s also possible that your email account could be blocking our servers. In this case, you will want to whitelist or approve Apartments.com as a safe-sender in your email account.
Want to get your code by phone?
If you've set up 2-step authentication already and want to change the phone number where you receive the code, here's how:
- Sign into your account on Apartments.com.
- Click on your name (in the upper-right corner) to expand a drop-down box and select Account Settings.
- The option to update the two-factor phone number will be displayed under Login & Security.